Atomic Aquatics gives you choices to meet your dive needs and personal swimming style. BladeFins are designed to deliver...
- Power and thrust that only a paddle fin design can provide divers to cruise through the water.
- Unique structural engineering combines both Power-Loop Monocoque and Frame Rail designs to maximize kicking power.
- Vertical stabilizers on fin tips keep the fin tracking straight up and down with every kick.
How BladeFins Work
The Four c's: capture - contain - channel - control
Atomic Aquatics BladeFins Capture water and Contain the flow without spilling it over the edges while Channeling the flow of water down the blade and off the vertical stabilizer edge tips, and Controlling the power with two frame structures (Monocoque and Frame Rail) to fully optimize the paddle fin design and kicking effort.
By uniquely combining two structural frame designs used in aircraft and Indy race cars, Atomic BladeFins are engineered for power and thrust.
- Power-Loop Monocoque Structure: The engineering term Monocoque means “singleshell” utilizing the external skin to support most of the load area while power is applied through the frame rails.
- Foot Pocket Power Plate: The Power-Loop Monocoque structure is connected to the sole plate (Power Plate) giving divers a solid feeling like the fin is “bolted” to the foot.
- Power Rail: The frame rail design on each side of the fin mimics a backbone or spine connecting to the Monocoque.
- Vertical Stabilizers: Oversized stabilizers at fin tips keep the fin tracking straight up and down.